In case you have been experiencing intense hip pain such that it is meddling with the normal functioning of your daily routine. If all the medications and non-surgical treatment tactics have failed altogether, then your physician may recommend hip replacement singapore. The most common reason you will need hip replacement is due to arthritis damage. What is hip replacement therapy? When do you need it? Are there any side effects or risks involved? Well, countless such queries might be irking you in mind. Fret not, for we shall walk you through the answers here. Read on!
What is hip arthroplasty/ hip replacement?
This treatment involves replacing the hip or its certain parts with an artificial implant or prosthesis. This treatment is typically accomplished on adult patients who have undergone other treatments such as weight loss, using a cane or walker, physical therapies, or medications that have failed to ameliorate the condition. Physicians may suggest hip replacement treatment in the following ailments:
- Avascular necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Improperly healed injury
- Developmental hip dysplasia
- Injuries such as dislocation or hip fracture due to a fall.
- Femoral epiphysis, Legg-Calve-Perthes disease, or other childhood hip disorders.
- Femoroacetabular impingement syndrome
- Psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or other inflammatory arthritis
Although surgery can help, it does entertain some risks and may fail as well with time. Your medical care provider will defer the hip replacement treatment until the signs get too severe.
What are the types of hip replacements?
Primarily, hip replacement is of two types, which are as follows:
- Partial hip replacement: This treatment involves replacing the femoral head only. Physicians suggest a partial hip replacement for patients with specific kinds of hip fractures.
- Total hip replacement: This is one of the most common types of hip replacement treatment which involves replacing both acetabulum and femoral head with an artificial implant/ prosthesis.
Do you know that every year around 370,000 total hip replacement therapies occur in the United States?
Which symptoms indicate the need for hip replacement?
Often symptoms may get so severe that the doctor may suggest the patient consider hip replacement therapy. These signs involve the following:
- Difficulty in wearing socks and shoes
- Sleeping issues
- Mobility loss
- Anterior hip or groin pain
- Trochanteric region or buttock pain
- Tightness or stiffness of the hip
- Pain during activity and while at rest
- Walking difficulty
Once you get the hip replacement singapore therapy, you will have to stay in the hospital setting for a day or two. This is all you need to know about the treatment.